The Physics Computing Support Center (PCSC) has an HP Designjet Z3100 large-format printer, which does an excellent job of printing posters for research conferences. You will need to follow several rules to make effective use of this printer and the time of PCSC staff:
- Poster requests must be received by PCSC 48 hours before you need them. Bear in mind that before large meetings there are many print jobs to be serviced, and the early bird gets the worm.
- All poster requests must be made using the form below or include a completed printable request form, specifying, among other things, which faculty member and which account is responsible for the charges.
- Source files for posters to be printed can be attached using the form below, be emailed to pcschelp or hand delivered to Cardwell Room 038 on a flash drive.
- The file must be in Acrobat (pdf) format. Other formats do not print reliably. Your file must also be smaller than 100 MB. Large files transfer slowly, so be patient.
- The size properties of the poster must have one side of the page set for 24", 36" or 42", depending on the type of paper requested. Example sizes would include 36"x48", 24"x36", 42"x48", and 30"x42". Please specify the size of your poster in the "special requests" field of the form below.
- Matte-finish vinyl poster material is available in 36" or 42" size; standard glossy photo paper in all three sizes. Vinyl costs $4.50 per square foot, while paper is $2.50 per square foot.